Clinton Kinanga the hero as Kenya Police gun down Murang'a Seal

FKFPL Clinton Kinanga the hero as Kenya Police gun down Murang'a Seal

Mark Kinyanjui 17:30 - 03.12.2023

Kinanga came on as a substitute and scored both goals to give the Law Enforcers all the three points to keep their title hopes high.

Clinton Kinanga came off the bench to score twice as Kenya Police had enough to upset shush the visiting Murang'a Seal fans in an FKFPL encounter played at the Police Sacco Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The first half was a fairly even encounter between both sides, producing nothing of substance to write about.

The game needed a sense of changes at the break to get into any sort of rhythm, some sort of proactiveness.

Police opted to make a change at the break, subbing off Tyson Otieno for Clifton Kinanga, and it was a decision that instantly paid dividends .

The Law Enforcers had the opportunity to draw first blood right after the break when Clifton Kinanga won a penalty just inside the Seal box which he expertly converted by sending Bonphas Munyasa the wrong way and leaving the ecstatic Police fans wild in celebrations in the 52nd minute.

Tito Okelo should have made it two in the 55th minute when Kenneth Muguna found him through on goal, but his left footed shot went wide of the post.

Seal opted to create chances from set piece situations in efforts to restore parity. After a few attempts, John Mwita tried a long range freekick but it sailed way over the bar.

In the 65th minute, Francis Kahata attempted a tame left-footed shot just wide of Munyasa’s net, missing another clear-cut opportunity in the process.

Seals coach Gabriel Njoroge then opted to make some changes midway through the second half, taking off Titus Kapchanga and John Mwita for John Kiplagat and Dennis Maruti.

Both substitutes combined well before setting up Naaman Balecho just outside the area where he won a foul in a promising position but just could not make it count.

.Follow our Pulse Sports WhatsApp channel for more updates.

Kinanga would then add his second of the afternoon when right back Baraka Badi crossed the ball from the right flank towards the back post, before the towering striker headed it home in the 82nd minute.

In the end, Police had enough about them to hang on to their 2-0 lead and take them up to 20 points for the season, just six behind league leaders Gor Mahia, while Murang'a Seal have now lost their second game in a row.